Thursday 26 February 2009

Progress

There's water in here. It trickles down the walls - not really enough to quench my thirst, but it'll keep me alive. Nothing to eat though.

I had that sensation again, the one I had when I woke up yesterday (I guess it was yesterday - keeping track of time in this cave is impossible). The feeling that my thoughts are somehow soaking away through these stone walls. Going somewhere. So I've decided to order my thoughts like a diary, just in case there's anyone out there reading them. It might keep me amused until I can work out where I am, and what's going on.

The main thing I have to report today is that the light I'm heading for is a little brighter. It still looks a long way off, and keeps disappearing behind outcrops of limestone, but it's definitely getting nearer. Also, the tunnel is widening, so it's easier to make my way. I've even managed to stretch my wings fully (only a dragon would understand what a big deal that is, and I don't imagine there's many of us left). All in all, I'd be feeling optimistic, if not for one thing ...

There are noises. Far away, very faint, in the opposite direction to the light. Scrabbling sounds, maybe. Or maybe something breathing.

Something's following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment